We are in the age of the zero moment of truth, and what this means is that consumer’s have instant access to all information within a click or two. They can price compare and search for just about anything. Therefore the more reviews you have
written on your company the more likely a customer will find you and rank you ahead of your competitors. In this blog I will give you 5 surprising stats about tour reviews and 3 recommendations to improve your online reviews.
Statistics On Tour Reviews
- 95% of travelers read seven reviews before making a booking.
- Leisure travelers spend an average of 30 minutes reading reviews before making a booking; 10% of travelers spend more than one hour reading reviews.
- The most influential factor in travelers making bookings is the information on travel review websites.
- 93% of global travelers say their booking decisions are impacted by online reviews.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
It is impossible to control what a customer will write about you but if you offer a great service, you are more likely than not to get a good review. Additionally, did you know that 81% of all reviews are positive
3 Ways To Increase The Quality & Quantity Of Online Reviews
- Create profiles on travel review websites.TripAdvisor and Yelp are the most popular for the tour and activity industry. Not only do the two platforms make way for greater credibility, they also help provide more exposure and increase your websites SEO with things like backlinks to your website.
- Incentivize your clients to leave a review after the tour ends. This doesn’t mean telling them to write you a perfect review. Simply offer them a discount or product incentive for sharing their experience via social media.
- Send a follow up email after they have finished a tour with a link to your companies review page. Did you know that you can automate this email and customer reviews by using Agenda?
The one thing you should take out of this blog is that reviews are extremely important to your customers and therefore your business. The more reviews, the more bookings. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter if you are interested in other industry content & stats (right column)!
Further Reading: Click here for ways to improve your TripAdvisor ranking